Course Suspension : Cancellation Policy
Student enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled in limited circumstances by the Australian Conservatoire of Ballet or by the student. When deferral suspension or cancellation of enrolment is initiated by the ACB, students have the right to appeal the decision.
Overseas students should be advised that their visa may be affected by a deferral, suspension or cancellation of their enrolment.
This policy is applicable to all Overseas and Domestic students. For full details on this policy, please contact our office.
Attendance Monitoring & Course Progress Policy & Procedure
The purpose of this policy is to monitor both international and domestic students’ attendance; to ensure compliance with state and federal legislative requirements and to ensure that students are achieving the objectives of the course. more
Information for Overseas Students
Education Services for Overseas Students
The Australian Government wants overseas students in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. Australia’s laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. These laws are known as the ESOS framework and they include the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code 2007. more
Student VIsa Conditions
If you do not uphold your Student Visa conditions your visa may be cancelled and you may have to leave Australia. A full list of conditions is available, with the most important listed below:
- You must remain enrolled in a course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- You must make satisfactory course progress according to the ACB's policies.
- You must advise the ACB of your Australian address within seven days of arriving in Australia, and within seven days of any change of address.
- You must maintain enough money to pay for travel, tuition and living expenses for yourself, your spouse and your dependant children for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- You must maintain health insurance for you and your family members while in Australia.
- You cannot undertake work until you have commenced your course in Australia. Your Student Visa allows you to work up to a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during the academic term; and for unlimited periods during vacation periods.
- Any family members of school age (between 5 and 18 years) living in Australia must attend school in Australia.
Grievance Resolution Policy & Procedure
The Australian Conservatoire of Ballet recognises that from time to time issues may arise within the ACB that require a process of dispute resolution.
This policy recognises that student disputes or grievances will be taken seriously and handled professionally and confidentially. For full details on this policy, please contact our office.
Code of Conduct
As a Registered Training Organisation The Australian Conservatoire of Ballet must maintain high standards of professionalism in the conduct of our training operations. The Code of Conduct is a policy that outlines the principles underpinning our provision of training to both domestic and overseas students. For full details on this policy, please contact our office.